Friday 17 July 2009

The World Is My Oyster


There are alot of quotes I quote and though it may look as if I'm spewing a bunch of nonsense at people, they do mean something to me. I like quoting, not because I can't find the right words to say things myself, but because I think other people have said it better. I could talk and talk about everything I believe and trust but there's a large chance no one would care. But to put a long and tedious explanation into a quote sums everything up into one simple sentence and it usually portrays how I feel quite well.
So after having some down time and my aums, I've got a few quotes from two of my favorite people in the Universe that kinda reflect my frame of mind right now:



"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him. " - Buddha

"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without." - Buddha

"If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it. " - Lennon

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha. (THIS, this has to be one of my favorite quotes of all time, I have it written on the inside of my 'diary', I guess you could call it, and it means so much to me. This is what I mean when I talk of everything I need to say in one sentence. Genius.)

"The mind is everything; what you think, you become." - Buddha

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon

In case you haven't noticed, the topic I focused on today was me. I know I'm not a perfect person - far from it. I've spent 15 and a bit years of my life changing and developing into what I'm becoming right now. I've been a complete bitch at times and completely submissive at others. My fashion choices have gone through the mill and back and I'm glad to say that picking up a few copies of Company and Vogue about a year and a bit ago finally gave me and idea of the dos and don'ts. I'm still changing. And I'm trying to choose the right path. It's hard, sometimes, trying to shape yourself into a better person, trying to shake old baggage, to bury the knack to get jealous and irksome I still have, to dicard the way I find hate so easy to feel. I'm getting there, though, I am and I'm glad. I'm only 16 years old. I'm not leading myself the wrong way. I'm growing into a good person and I'm glad. I've got a good head screwed on me and I'm going places, not matter how unrealistic they may be. I dream and I'm not going to let my dream dissapear because of some crappy wall of recession that's built itself along my path. I'll climb over it, knock it down, whatever it takes, but I won't let it stand in my way. I'm going to finish this path of life not angry and resentful, lonely and cold, but happy and fulfilled, with as many friends walking with me as I can fit - and then more. I'm going to exercise my compassion and be as kind to others as I can, but I will not be taken for granted or be played for a fool. My career and my future will always be a factor I'll put above most other things. If I can't be happy with myself, with my life, how can I possibly hold a happy and strong relationship with any other human being? I wish myself good luck and remind myself that no matter what happens, at least music will be there to bail me out.

Much love and peace.

Natalie.


P.s Lord Farquad's totes gonna be in the next Shrek!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. *Slow cheesy movie clap*
    You are such a douche.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no need to lash out just because you don't want this child!
    We're going through this TOGETHER and you better hope I'm going places because hell knows you're not contributing to it's future by sitting in front of the football all day eating Doritos off your beer belly and chugging down cans of Stella like there's no tomorrow!
    YOU can get up and support this child seeing as it's your foul semen that got us into this mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me but you didn't have any objections to my 'foul semen' when you were licking it off the floor. As for this child I don't believe its even mine you floosy!! I want a paternity test!!

    ReplyDelete

Hit Me Up.