Wednesday 1 July 2009

The Way I Let It Be.


To just be able to see the indication, the signal flash in little white pixels on the screen of my beat-up phone. To not even have to think, not have any thought seep into my consciousness or attention span, to just pick up the slightly dusty piece of plastic, to briefly hear the crackling silence on the other end for a millisecond before I tell you, "I'm on my way" and hang up without any other words exchanged. To swiflty, smoothly grab my keys and stroll to the car.

To pull up into the secluded area and, like every other time, feel a sense of familiarity as I step onto the dried-out mud and take a deep breath of the fresh evergreen and salty lake scented air. To hear you before I see you; to hear your calm, subdued voice floating, settling into my ears. To see your beautifully thin sillhouete through the dark gap between the trees resting on the edge of the lake.

To sit down next to you and without a word, accept the half-burned cigarette you offer me and take a long, deep drag, allowing the smoke to infiltrate my once-pure body as you finish your song. To accept this small confession of this meaning something more than how it seems; the only way you know how - the way I accept it to be.

To gently take your hand and intwine our fingers, to let you know I'm here. To feel your warmth as you shuffle the slightest bit closer to me. To recognize the indication and to turn my head to look straight into your golden, honey-coloured eyes. To find the answer without the comfortable silence being broken. To understand, once again, why I'm here. Why you need me to be here.

To close the distance between us and feel your slightly chapped lips against mine. To be there for you through this. To be your only escape and to let you know I understand; the only way you know how - the way I accept it to be. To run my fingers through your soft, brown locks as I lean back onto the patchy grass and you settle softly over me, stroking your hand over my thigh.

To hold you and kiss you through it. To whisper in your ear, tell you it's okay, as you slowly move against me. To hold you and caress your perfect skin as your body juts once more and you breathlessly fall against me.

To wrap my arm around you and place innocent kisses on your cheek as we lie together. To look up at the stars and point out all the silly shapes we can make. To look, once again, into those perfect eyes of yours as you slink your hand loosley around mine and place it against your heart and tell me without words what you can't say out loud; the only way you know how - the way I accept it to be.
This is what I love.

Because as I smile at you and lighlty press down against your chest, I'm letting you know as well; the only way I know how and the way you accept it to be.


1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I remember that night.
    I musy say..you were on form.
    Daaaaamn.

    ReplyDelete

Hit Me Up.